Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weekendsrealbig... like, 7XL big.

Wow, where to begin. Best weekend I've had since I can remember. Friday, I got home from work and this sweater had arrived via UPS along with this 7" record and this EP. I put the sweater on (tryina start the weekend off on the steezy tip) and went out to Hunter's to rehearse for the Block Party. After a great rehearsal, I went back downtown to Ben's house (he was having the MUSC post-test party, which was winding down by the time I got there.) I just chilled there with Ben, Will, Brittany, Brittany, Molly, Leah, Panda, RoBo, Mel, TJ, and Faisal. That was lots of fun, plus... it was nice to get a relaxing evening in after all the frantic preparation Hunter and I had been going through to get our routines ready for the D'Allesandro's Block Party. I ended up riding my bike over to Katie and Palmer's late night to chill, and I fell asleep on their fouton almost immediately after getting there (I was extra tired.)

I woke up in their living room on Saturday with Hunter calling me so we could start rehearsing. We practiced from 10 till 2, then packed up and got to D'Als around 3:30. After getting set up and warming up, we chilled out with our friends that had gotten their early (big shouts to Rebecca) and I tried to stay calm and not get nervous. Our sets went over really well (especially the last one, where we concentrated on breaks and hip-hop classics... really got the dance floor moving.) All the bands were cool, Dave killed it on the deep house tip on my turntables, and a bunch of us went to the Recovery Room to unwind after. R.O.B was in town from Clemson, and it was great to see him (and some PB Crew members.) Ended up at Blind Tiger with Lindsey somehow, but she was nice enough to give me a ride home, and I definetly needed it after all the exhaustion/drinking/sweating/dancing/dehydration/lack of food in the belly.

Sunday started with brunch at AC's with Tyner, Panda, Schrader, and Palmer (sorry I forgot to call you, Mel). I hadn't had chicken and waffles for breakfast in a while, and it hit the spot. Later on, I met Mel and Ben at the Recovery Room to watch the AC Milan vs. Inter Milan game. AC won on a ridiculous cross from Kaka to Ronaldinho, who scored on an insane header in the upper 90. Then Ben, Mel, Brittany and I bike mobbed our way to the Green Fest on Marion Square. After that, Brittany, Ben and I went to the Battery game with Bochet. After getting back downtown, I met up with Lindsey for drinks, and rode my bike back home.

Monday, all that activity and exhaustion finally caught up with me, and I was feeling extra sick in the stomach. I stayed home and ate soup all day while trying to get hydrated. I feel kinda shitty for calling in sick on a Monday when I have the 9 am desk shift, but I don't regret doing it so big this weekend that I couldn't work. I haven't stopped smiling in two days. It's starting to strain my face muscles.

No comments: