Wednesday, October 1, 2008

For Those Eagerly Awaiting 808's and Heartbreak

If you're like me, you can't wait to get your hands on the new Kanye West album. I finally got a copy of the Freshmen Adjustment mixtape recently. I'd recommend it to anyone. Best song would be real hard to pick out (lots of the lyrics got recycled on each Kanye album, plus some of the beats), but I really like Home a lot. I can't explain how some beats just make your head nod from the first hit, but Home is a great example. Peep it out, then pick up your jaw:
Plus, you get the original cut of All Falls Down with the sample from Lauryn Hill's Unplugged performance that didn't get cleared for the release of College Dropout. It's so raw and choppy, but got such smoothness due to Lauryn's superior guitar style. Peep:

You should prolly find a copy of Freshmen Adjustment.

No comments: