Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The NBA Season is Starting, Time to Resume My Dwyane Wade Man Crush

Alright, so the title of the post is a little extreme (and long winded), but I need those who read this to know that Dwyane Wade is my absolute favorite athlete ever. Oscar Robertson and Barry Sanders are close, but Dwyane is everything a pro athlete should be, and he's got serious skills.

I remember seeing D.Wade get drafted by the Heat and thinking "wish we could have gotten LeBron or Carmello (at least we didn't get Darko), but I'm sure a dude who shows up to the draft with his wife and kid won't have a problem living in the party capital of America." You always have to take how crazy the city is Miami into consideration when looking at new additions to south Florida franchises (yes, that includes The U). Case in point: all that yang the media is spitting over whether or not Michael Beasley will spend all his time partying on South Beach.

Getting back to Dwyane tho, I'm ultra excited for the Heat to finish somewhere in the middle of the Eastern Conference. I'll be optimistic and say 8th (that way I can hope for a playoff run), but most experts are predicting 9th to 11th in the East. It's whatever. As long as they're not last again this year, it's an improvement.

The thing that got me so excited this morning is that ESPN.com's Bill Simmons picked D.Wade as his number 2 fantasy option behind only King James. Peep:

Dwyane Wade
Loved him in the Olympics, loved him in the preseason, love him for a monster comeback season that will be the athletic equivalent of "Still D.R.E." I'm thinking something like 29.4 ppg, 6.2 rpg and 5.8 apg and a slew of "D-Wade is back and better than ever!" stories starting in late November. You watch.

Since reading that article, I've been replaying the intro from Still DRE in my head over and over. I can't stop visualising Dwayne's dunk in the USA vs. Canada game from this summer:

nine five plus four pennies... add that shit up

No comments: