Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Jams (wake up edition)

For those who know me pretty well, it's common knowledge that I barely sleep (except all day on Sundays). Those that know me also are aware that I've been caffeine free for five years now, so I have to find my own way to wake up and get my mind active enough to ride my bike to work in the mornings without killing myself.

The best way I've found to wake up instantly (I get up about ten minutes before I have to be at work) is to listen to one of my favorite songs. Usually, I like to listen to How Long Do I Have to Wait For You by Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. It gets me dancing from the first bar. Peep:

I sometimes listen to Nas' Memory Lane (Sittin in da Park) if the weather is nice. Makes me think of South Florida, and it's a great song to have stuck in your head during the bike ride to work (iPods are dangerous on a bike, playa). Peep:

But on really special days (like today) where I wake up with my ego on swole and my swagger in full effect (that usually doesn't happen until after lunch), I like to listen to Kanye's Gone ft. Consequence from the Late Orchestration LP. Get down with the get down:

big shouts to Kris from Miami for putting me on to that Late Orchestration shit last Christmas. weekendsrealbig.

No comments: