Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Jams (Eventually, I'll post the whole De La Catalog Edition)

As the title of this post suggests, I'm still jamming De La Soul almost exclusively (with the exception of the Def Jux marathon this past weekend). My favorite song from Stakes Is High would be very hard to pick out, but I'm wide opin over Betta Listen. No youtube video, so you'll have to peep for yourself. I love when Dave says "Tried to enter in her shit, she had locks on the session. Tellin me how her last man taught her ass a lesson. Damn, well, not the mayor. I take care of my dimes, but I excluded I had nickels addin' up to her kind." So damn fly, but not as fly as when Posdnous says "Man, the flag was lowered, so my wood was raised. Followed a shielding of my building to protect me from the blaze. This granted access to southern parts of her borders. Did you have her comin?Like the new world order."

Enough quoting, here's some stuff to jam to. Peep out Jay-Z's Heart of the City from the Unplugged album. Jaguar Wright kills the "take em to church" breakdown. Peep:

Here's a pre-pubescent Michael Jackson singing the Bill Withers classic Ain't No Sunshine. Extra fly drums. Like, 7xl fly. Peep it out:

Finally, a song that should be the very definition of weekendsrealbig... De La Soul's Stone Age:

Big Ups to Bochet... check out how famous I am!

No comments: