Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kanye Rumors Abound

Big ups to Eddie (always on that new shit, once again).

Rumors of a new Kanye West album are poppin off. The alleged title is "808's and Heartbreak." And already, speculation is bubbling about how much the Louis Vuitton Don is gonna use the auto tune/vocoder effect to do that robot croon he's been using lately on all these hard ass 808 beats. Don't know what I'm talkin bout?

Peep Jeezy's I Put On For My City:

Sidenote: big ups to Jeezy for "inside fish sticks outside tarter sauce," but Kanye's "Lemme see what we have tonight, I'm high as a satellite" has gotten every dance floor in the country wide opin. I haven't seen more dudes singin off key with their eyes closed since Jay's I Just Wanna Love You.

Also, on the 808 and auto tune steez, how bout the Lollipop Remix?

I'm not worried about it. I know most people hate on the vocoder singing, but I see why everybody's doing it. Lemme tell you, in hip-hop, it's a good idea to make a club banger that sounds like another club banger. That may seem counterintuitive for these creative producers and MCs, but for lazy DJ's (as in, most of the cats you hear live on the radio here in Charleston or see sippin vodka drinks with a sweater on while everyone else is dancing) it's easy to play I Put On For My City followed by Lil Wayne's You Ain't Got Nothin because of the similarities in the use of the vocoder and the hard drums.

No comments: