Monday, September 8, 2008

Blueprint III Update

You may remember from this post that Jay-Z is working on The Blueprint III to be released in the near future (let's hope it's still the winter's turn). Since we already know about Jockin Jay-Z/Dope Boy Fresh, I figured I would follow the story and post the newest jam to get leaked from the album; Swagger Like Us. The beat is by Kanye (who also has the lead verse) and samples M.I.A.'s Paper Planes. After Kanye, you get Hov, Wayne, and T.I. Every verse is better than the previous, but I especially like when Wayne says "I got stripes, A-Di-Das." Also, this is the best fan-made video I've seen for a song this commercial in a long time. Peep:

Seriously, these four cats on one song? And everyone on-upping each other's verse? It's crazy. Apparently, this song will be on T.I.'s Paper Trail album, but there are reports that it will also be on Blueprint III. I'm opin either way.

I found out about this song via a conversation with Eddie (always up on that new new shit), Mel, and Will. Eddie said that it was a good look for T.I., who had admitted to slacking off and freestyling on album cuts lately. That may be true, but I think he was dumbing down to hit that wide audience. Really, listen to his vocab on that last verse. Also, check the lyrics out via the direct link. Lots of four and five syllable words, which you don't hear to much in hip-hop. Also, I dig Wayne's line "my jew-els, blue and yellow. Type a shit that make em call you Carmelo." Clever, sir.

No comments: