Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Once Again, A Great Weekend (that overlapped into the week)

To start, I'm listening to this band right now (believe it or not, available at the library... once I'm done with it).

Had to let the craziness of this past weekend sink in before I could write about it... Friday, we played Edward Fortyhands (which basically turned into me and Mel drinking and talking about music) and then Mel and I walked down to Juanita Greenberg's before I went to sleep and he wen't to Wasabi to meet up with some friends.

I had to work early on Saturday here, but since my car was blocked in at Duncan, I walked it out. When I got off work, I went to Duncan to pick up Erin's car (she was on her way to Clemson with most of the crew by this time, so she generously let me peep her steez while mine was stuck at the front of the driveway). Peeped some Halo 3 steez and watched football all afternoon with Trey, Bronwyn, Mel, and Alex at Bogard. We went out to AC's for drinks... and things got hazy. The beer of the month is this, but they're charging $2.25 for it. There was a random super jacked and tan dude there who bought us HUGE shots that we didn't need... this was the beginning of the end. We all went back to Bogard to ride out the night (Bronwyn, who isn't drinking because of her steez gave me a ride back), and Craig came over with Jaime (a new addition to the steez).

Sunday, I went to brunch at AC's with Alex and Bronwyn while Trey did his own thing and Mel went to see his parents out in Summerville. Alex got the best thing: a peanut butter and jelly sanwich made with cinamon raisin toast... fried like french toast. Then me and Alex went on a Sunday drive out to John's island in Erin's convertible (which I was still driving until about 5 on Sunday). After that, I went home and got some dinner, then met Mel at the !!! concert in Mt. P. That was a ton of fun... we walked out sweaty and wet from the singer throwing water on us while we were dancing with some girls.

Monday was Craig's last night in town before moving back to Ohio. We went to O'Malleys and watched the craziest night of sports I've seen in a while. Yankees almost came back and Dallas pulled out an insane win. I made a killer purchase from Tin Tin (who usually hangs out on Bogard and tries to hit me up for cigarettes or money to get a beer) in front of the bar from some items he found in a pile of garbage on the street. For $2 I got a disc of The Simpsons Season 8 DVD (available at the library), a red stapler, and the best part of the transaction: like 15 pocket-sized spiral notepads. I gave one to Craig, and he got a pen from the bar. We insisted that he take notes on the rest of the night so he would remember everything about his last night in Charleston. We hung out on the smoking porch at O'Malleys while Craig did his best Hunter S. Thompson/Jack Kerouac impression, and I got crazy excited when this played:

After that, we cooled out at Duncan until Laura went to sleep, and now I'm at work on Tuesday paying for it... totally worth it. We'll miss you, Craig (no homo).

No comments: