Thursday, October 4, 2007

I Don't Like It Unless It's

Brand New... or at least looks like it is. I went by the shoe store to pick up my paycheck this afternoon. I was wearing my all-black Adidas shelltoes. I call them my "kiwis" because the New Zealand Rugby team is called the All Blacks (because they wear all black uniforms). I used a combination of leather and suede cleaner (with the plastic cap/brush), water and stain repellant, and Ugg brand sheepskin conditioner. I also threw on a pair of extra fat black laces to keep it steezy. Now a pair of shoes that's over 3 years old looks brand new. That's the best part about working in a shoe store: free cleaning supplies to keep your sneakers fresh. It's even better than 40 percent off.

I'm thinking about starting a shoeshine business where I clean, deodorize, and detail sneakers and shoes for a small fee. Let me know if you'd be down. Basically, I'm talking to you, Mel.

No comments: