Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I Make Claims I'll Never Fulfill

While we were at brunch this weekend, International Players Anthem by UGK ft. Outkast came on. I made the claim that I could write an essay on the song, but instead I'll write a blog.

First off, here is the video:

Nice isn't it? Notice the cameos from Big Gipp and Khujo from Goodie Mob? Also, you can see former Mob member Cee-Lo (also of solo and Gnarls Barkley fame) singing at the wedding reception. At the ceremony, Farnsworth Bentley is sitting on the groom's side; and you can see Three Six (who produced the track) in the groom's dressing room. My vote for funniest part of the video is when DJ Paul asks why Andre is "dressed like Roddy Piper".

For more on the song, check out this explanation of the sample and beat. You can check out the lyrics here. In another soulsides blog post, Andre's opening verse gets a vote for best "single hip hop experience of 2007 so far".

Other than that, come check out The Mack at the library on DVD. I'm looking into getting the soundtrack into the collection, but no guarantees.

"Better choose the right one or pick-pick the kiddies up"

No comments: