Friday, October 12, 2007

I Like Obscure Music

Once upon a time, I stumbled upon this record while record shopping online. I was really impressed (so much so I bought the record and worked it into a mix the day I got it). I lost the record while SWP was playing a show in Greenville, but it killed every crowd I played it for. Truly a great band and a great record. An absolute killer. Check out this video of the A side cut "War":

And check out these live video captures:


Mos Def saw them playing on the street in NYC and made them a part of his live act:

Get that cowebell, Mos:

Check out their cover of Johnny Pate's "Shaft in Aftrica" (sampled by Just Blaze for Hov's "Show Me What You Got") here. You can also check out Bulljun's remix of Brass in Africa here. To find out more about Hypnotic Brass, check out their MySpace page or their blog

No comments: