Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Jams

First off, check this... steeziest invention of oh nine so far (by far):

I know I've mentioned this before, but if you're in Charleston and you've got no plans for Saturday; come check the BGBs at Suite Sole from 6 to 9 and at Recovery Room from 10 to 2. We're doin it all night, keepin it live off just wax, and generally destroying your face bone with beats.

For more Friday Jams enjoyment, check DJ Krush's Meiso ft. The Roots (DJ Shadow Remix). I almost got my hands on an OG 12" copy, but they sold out on Turntablelab in like 6 hours. I guess that's understandable since they were deadstock MoWax 12" (mad rare/expensive... they were charging $20 each--worth it by the way). Anyway, peep:

And here's one of my favorite DJ vids from my favorite youtube channel. Check out the page Ninjando made, and be sure to check his videos if you're into scratch DJing. He's compiled a great channel full of videos from the likes of ISP, Allies, Beat Junkies, X-Men, Birdie Nam Nam, Ricki Rucker, D-Styles, etc. So here's DJ Kentaro's Shuriken Cut:

Finally, a banger for your brain. Here's Afu-Ra ft. Kymani Marley with Equality:

beenagreatweeksofar...weekendsrealbig.

No comments: