Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Wake Up Joint

I have to start by apologizing for not posting Friday jams the other day. Work was extra busy since we had two performances to kick off this year's Lowcountry Blues Bash festival at the library. Put that on top of only sleeping a few winks on Thursday night, and you've got my excuse for spacing on the blog.

Anyway, here's today's wake up joint: an untitled Rjd2 Intstrumental from the Def Jux Revenge of the Robots tour DVD. Peep:

Over the weekend, I met up with Jason and Alex (Sonar and Flatbroke) of the Spaced Invaders at the Daily Dose on JI for the Stone Groove party to benefit the downtown branch of the Boys and Girls club. Their set (and set-up... some crazy equipment) was great, and they even let me get on for a bit to drop some records. I never messed with a Rane mixer before, but the first thing I noticed was that the sound quality was amazing. I won't put those cats on blast for how much that mixer costs, but if you click on the link then it's not my fault. Being able to scratch and manipulate video was even cooler than I thought it would be as well. Basically, I had a great time out there and am looking forward to next month's Stone Groove.

Also, if you don't have a copy of my I Keeps It Gully mix, you can now download it as a podcast thanks to those Spaced Invaders cats. If you go to this site and click on the iPod at the top left corner of the screen, you'll be able to download my mix as well as lots of Sonar and Flatbroke productions. Check em out and big em up.

Got the photos from Walter of our last Forth and Back show (1.10.09 at Johnsons); and I'll be posting some of them here later in the week, so stay on the lookout for that.

thisdjingthingisstartingtosnowball.

No comments: