Thursday, February 12, 2009

New Mix Due Out Valentines Day (how appropriate)

For those not privy to the new shit (new shit has come to light), I am releasing a new mix on Valentines Day (tomorrow). The title is "What I Put On When I'm Puttin It On Your Mom," and it is a mix to play while hooking up with your special lady/dude. Here's the track list to get you opin:

What I Put On When I'm Puttin It On Your Mom
Mos Def - The Panties
Notorious BIG - Big Poppa
D'Angelo - Brown Sugar Remix
Common - All Night Long
The Roots - Silent Treatment (Kelo Mix)
Erykah Badu - Sometimes
Slum Village - Fall-N-Love
Lauryn Hill - Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
A Tribe Called Quest - Bonita Applebum
Bird Flu - Honey For the Two Of Us
Lovage - Pit Stop
Portishead - Lots More Sour Times
RjD2 - Rain

And here's the artwork, which I just finished with the ultra-analog cut and paste collage work; and is in no way trying to objectify/demean women:

getatmetomorrowforacopy.

2 comments:

Sonar said...

I really like the cover! Real, real creative. If you can hook me up with a link to where the mixtape is, I’ll get it on the Stone Groove feed for you. Also, “I keeps it Gully” will be up there next week right after I post mine this weekend. I can’t wait to hear what the new one has, the track listing looks like it’s going to be a good listen.

Sonar said...

The Mixtape is on iTunes and on our site. Permalink: http://spacedinvaders.net/index.php/2009/02/payday-bonus-dj-birdflu-what-i-put-on-when-im-puttin-it-on-your-mom/