Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Wake Up Joint

It was damn cold this morning. Made me not want to get out of bed. On days like today when I need to get up and out on the slow tip, I listen to Mos Def's Modern Marvel (New Danger LP):

The shows this weekend were crazy. Hunter and I spent most of our Friday night practicing and getting our sets ironed out. Saturday afternoon was for practicing, organizing our records, and packing our equipment before heading out to Suite Sole. We got to Suite Sole a little after five to set up and pick up the PA we were borrowing from Sonar. Big ups are deserved to that man for always finding ways to help us out, even when it may not be the most convenient thing for him. Our set at Suite Sole went pretty good. We went off three turntables and a mixer so Hunter could cut during my nearly all instrumental set. I tried to cut during his time on the decks, but it didn't work as well for me since I had to use my off hand. We packed up (Gus and Mel were both a huge help with that) at 9 while playing this for your face bone, and made our way over to Recovery Room to set up for Walter's birthday party. We owe even more props to Gus for taking care of us with the set-up and making sure we had everything we needed. We had a lot of fun spinning at the party, but it was really easy for us to enjoy ourselves when we were so well taken care of. The sound system was fantastic--for once we could hear ourselves in our headphones, monitors, and PA... thanks again to Sonar--and all our friends were hanging out in front of our DJ cave dancing and having a great time. Big ups to Gus and my roommate Allen for helping us break down and get some of the equipment back to the house.

Sunday was lots of fun. Just hanging around town, chillin with Walter and Brittany, and playing lots of pool with my roommates. I ran into Femi, and he mentioned another Forth and Back event in March. Stay on the lookout for that. We're certainly excited to work with those cats again. Speaking of Forth and Back, check out this video that got shot at our first event with them at the Black Cart:

bigupstoeveryonethatcameoutthisweekend.

No comments: