Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Jams (New Uptempo Mix Edition)

I've been working on a new mix this past week, and I'm pretty proud of it. I put together a 3 hour set by extending my hour-long set from Kulture Klash IV and steadily building up speed. The result is something that is sure to rock the party. The mix starts at 92 beats per minute and builds to 128 bpms over the course of three hours. From hip-hop, to ill neck-snap funk, to smooth soul, to early native tongues hip-hop, to funk re-edits (think the Somebody Give Me a Rock tape... if you have one), to funky house, to Miami bass. I've never made anything like it before, and I'm pretty proud of it. It's sort of a continuation of the idea for my What I Put On mix, where I'm trying to trick people into not even noticing it's getting faster. Anyway, here's some of the songs from the mix:

From the Motown Remixed LP, here's Let's Get it On:

A Tribe Called Quest's Youthful Expression:

Greyboy's Unwind Your Mind:

Red Astaire's The Come Down:

and it ends with Ghost Town DJs' My Boo:

Sohappyitstheweekend...

1 comment:

So Sabrina Said said...

Soooooo talented :o)

Hope you're wonderful.