Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New Untitled (For Now) Bird Flu Mix

I finished a new mix this week for my sister's mixtape club in Philly. If you haven't yet, you should peep her website to check her mixes and album art. She started a club of about 20 Philladelphians who meet and exchange mix CD's. Each month, the group decides on a theme, then everyone makes a mix that speaks to that theme however they see fit. This month, the theme is SATURDAY NIGHT 11:25. In making my mix (which is about 35 minutes and should be available for download on the blog shortly), I tried to think what I would spin if I were playing at a party on a Saturday just before midnight.

Here are the tracks:
1. Outkast - Skew It On the Bar B
2. Wu Tang Clan - Uzi (Pinky Ring)
3. Maceo and the Macks - Soul Power '74 (Shoes Re-Edit)
4. Willie Wright - Right On For the Darkness (DJ Tibb Re-Edit)
5. The Meters - Oh Calcutta (Shoes Re-Edit)
6. Lefty's Soul Connection - Bam Bam
7. Lefty's Soul Connection - Bouncing Ball
8. Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - How Long Do I Have to Wait For You
9. DJ Format - Stealin James
10. De La Soul - A Rollerskating Jam Named "Saturday"
11. Jay-Z - Party Life (Bird Flu Remix)
12. Blowfly - Outro

Get at me in the next couple of days for a (super rare, untitled) copy of the new mix. If you have any ideas for what I should title this mix, leave a suggestion as a comment or just hit me up.

No comments: