Thursday, March 27, 2008

(Yet Another) New Mix In Progress

I'm working on a new mix (trying to stay ahead of the curve for the Philly mixtape exchange). It's called "What I Put On When I'm Banging Your Mom". I know... I promised this mix a while back, but the original concept (old jams ala Isleys/Marvin/Donny) wasn't working. I decided to go in the neo soul direction and play some slow jams (around 85 bpm) that are more akin to getting scrompfest 08 poppin off right. Stay tuned for more, but to whet your appetite I'll give away some of the artists and songs that will be played (in no particular order):

Notorious BIG - Big Poppa
Mos Def - The Panties
Pharcyde - Splatitorium
Erykah Badu - On And On
Lauryn Hill - Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
ATCQ - Bonita Applebum
DJ Cam - Love Junkie (J. Dilla Remix)
Jay-Z - I Know
D'Angleo - Ghetto Heaven Remix
J. Dilla - One For Ghost

Also, you know there'll be some Lovage, Portishead, Kid Koala, DJ Shadow... anything downtempo that qualifies as an Auditory Aphrodesiac (hit me up with suggestions/questions/comments)

No comments: