Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Jams

I've been spending this week practicing on my turntables and trying to come up with good records for a slower boom bap set for the next Bubbleguts show. In case you didn't hear yet, Hunter and I are battling the Unfadeable Fader Operators (UFO) on Wednesday the 29th at the Pour House here in Charleston. The way it's looking, it'll be me and Hunter on stage with Fred and Kutter on eight turntables at the same time. We're gonna try to do some collaborative cutting/blending, and I'm pretty sure there will be a long question and answer scratch session. To get hype for a show, I usually listen to Menahan Street Band's The Contender right before we go on... so I figured I'd post it here to get you hype:

At the battle, you can expect to hear lots of boom bap instrumentals. We're tryina make you break your neck to the head nod. You'll prolly hear Kool G Rap and DJ Polo's Ill Street Blues:

And you'll almost definitely hear Black Moon's How Many MCs:

For sure, you'll hear Jeru the Damaja's Come Clean:

And I'ma try to fit in Afu Ra's Whirlwind Thru Cities:

But I'm also gonna try to get Hunter to do his infamous juggle routine of Company Flow's Patriotism:

Ifyourefeelingluckyduckthenpressyourluck.

No comments: