Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday Wake Up Joint (Ultra Catch-up Edition)

First off, wake up with Mophono's Smile. Very steezy:


Here's an update on what's been going on since my last post:

DJing at the Suite Sole Holiday Party was a blast. Lots of good people came out (Cam, Josef, Will, Femi) to dance, drink, and chill. I met some great new people and even a couple of DJs. I met Sonar from the Space Invaders crew, and we talked shit about collecting vinyl and whatnot. The folks from Suite Sole even hit me off with these illy joints as payment for my spinning:

South Florida was a trip. I got a chance to see lots of old friends on my first night in town; but for the most part, I spent my time hanging out with my sister and her boyfriend, and my parents. I went out with Sean and did it big a few nights, and I even got a chance to catch up with Denise and Tomas on my last night in town.

I spent new years eve in Jacksonville because my dad got tickets to the Clemson bowl game. Did it super big for the last night of oh eight with Will, Mel, Harry, TJ, Megan, Charlie, Emily, Carissa, and many others; but the game the next day was smedium at best.

Spent the last couplea days in Charleston catching up with friends and am presently working at the library for the first time in a couplea weeks. Got lots of practicing with Hunter to catch up on before the 10th when we're doing yet another show with the good people of Forth and Back at the Black Cart. Also, the Post and Courier's Preview Section may be running a piece on vinyl collectors that might include interviews and pictures of Hunter and myself. In the words of the Birdman, "hey, Fresh. It's our turn"

stillgettinmineinohnine

No comments: