Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Jams (PUTS made me catch the vapors edition)

Earlier this week, Mel messaged me that he listened to People Under the Stairs' Jappy Jap (O.S.T. LP) and felt ashamed for sleeping. That made me go back and listen to the O.S.T. LP, and I was scrunch-faced through the 5th song... and then I rewound back to the begining to start it all over... all week. For serious, I haven't listened to anything else all week but those first 5 songs. That should say something.

Start with the Intro... Thes hits em hard with "So, basically, there's nothing changed since the last time we talked. Couple more crates, more house parties, hanging on the block. Food spots and jokes, the 40 ounce and smokes, and got a little more fame. Basically, the same bloke." That shit is ill, and makes me feel humble for the little bit of success and fame I've caught recently. Anyway, check it:

And here's the afformentioned Japppy Jap:

And the illy party track Suite For Beaver Part 1:

And Part 2:

And since I couldn't find the title track with the ill champion sound riddim outro, here's the remix to O.S.T. from the Or Stay Tuned LP:

gonnagetrealruddythisweekend...

No comments: