Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday Wake Up Joint

Been a lazy Monday morning for me so far. Maybe that's because I put in work this weekend and didn't get a chance to just chill until Sunday. Here's A Tribe Called Quests' 1nce Again Remix to get you awake (but not too alert):

The show on Friday was great. Hunter and I got to the spot (above Vanity on King St.) and got completely set up before ten. Biggest of ups are deserved for Caroline from Charlie Magazine for putting us on. She even twittered about us on her page. Prolly the first time I've been tweeted on. Peep:

Ginormous ups are also in order for Sonar from the Spaced Invaders for letting us use his PA (and helping us lug it upstairs and set it up at the spot) and Cam for helping us with anything we needed throughout the night. Cam's gettin real close to being an official BGB. The sets went real well. We got off to a bit of a rocky start, and realized about halfway through that we would need to fill some time. I spun instrumentals, and Hunter cut the illy over some DJ Spinna, RjD2, Dilla, and DJ Premier. That seemed to really get us into the groove, cause our second set went over real well. We loved seeing Jess, Becca, Cam, Jessica, Hunter's mom and step-dad, Caroline, and many others dancing throughout. Them dancing got lots of other people on the floor to get down. After the show, we unloaded at my place (again, big ups to Cam) and I drove Jessica home (her car got towed).

Saturday was for fixing my bike, cleaning my room, getting the PA back to Sonar, going to Suite Sole to see the new sneakers/celebrate the launch of their webstore, and checking the Spaced Invaders set at the Customs House. The had a tough crowd to deal with that was spent after the band before them played the hypest of cover songs. They played through all the challenges very well, and did a great half-hour set to a crowd that was unfortunately not listening. After that; Alan, Matt, and I bike mobbed to Upper Deck and drank Mickeys.

Sunday was cool. I chilled with Bochet for a bit, did some laundry, and watched the hockey game at night. Jessica and I watched The Promotion. Not a good movie.

Nextontheagenda... abubblegutsbrosmixtape... for serious.

No comments: