Thursday, June 18, 2009

Big Ups to Menahan Street Band?

Not really sure if I'm happy or sad for the Menahan dudes over at Dunham Records, cause one of my favorite jams from the Make the Road by Walking LP just got chopped and ripped-off by 50 Cent.

You read that shit right... Hunter put me on to this. 50 has a new mixtape out called War Angel (nah, I ain't puttin no link to that shit) and on it, there's a song called Talking in Codes that completely bites Menahan's slow-burn heater The Traitor. Not quite sure how to feel about it. Anyway, you can make your own opinion.

Here's 50's Talking in Codes:

And here's Menahan Street Band's The Traitor:

Iaintevenmakinthatfiftyvideopurple... disrespeck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calm down, dude. 50 Cent has his place and his track is pretty good. I hadn't even thought of what this beat would sound like with someone rapping over it until I heard 50 do it.

Avian Influenza said...

erroneous... I'm not even sure who this dude is or why he reads this.