Monday, June 16, 2008

Pleasantly Surprised

Lil Wayne is doing it EXTRA big (it is oh eight after all) with the new record Tha Carter III. I'm officially gonna stop hating on Wayne after this release. Usually, I only appreciate him for making club records I like to dance to when I'm steezed out and that's it, but I've been banging this album in the car real loud with no shame ever since Palmer got me a copy in a trade we worked out. I think people expect me to hate on Wayne for making such commercial bangers and mostly only rapping about money, but I don't let that effect me. I used to only listen to what I thought was indie or underground hip hop; but as a DJ, I've recently learned to expand my musical tastes and listen to records I would usually shun in my college radio "it's gotta be cool for me to play it" days. Anyway, you should prolly peep even if you are a Wayne hater, cause you might get pleasantly surprised.

My favorite song is Dr. Carter. Peep:


But I'm also all about Mr. Carter ft. Jay-Z. Enjoy:


I'm right cheah in my chair, with my crown and my dear...

No comments: