Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Best of Boxing Episode 1

I'm starting a new series on the blog. In case you aren't aware, I am a big fan of boxing. I've been watching since I was young (my dad was an avid fan and our neighbors had a cable box that got all the PPV fights). Pops used to always reference certain fights to teach life lessons (like Ali beating Foreman in '74 to show how nothing is impossible). And my mom used to watch the fights too (she knows more about the great fights of the 80's and early 90's than most people I know).

As a treat for those not in the know, this 1985 bout between "The Hitman" Tommy Hearns and "Marvelous" Marvin Hagler is the best 3 round fight ever. It's so damn good boxing fans have dubbed it simply The War. No defense, all courage. These two dudes just stood and threw punches. It's the closest you'll ever get to a fight you'd see in a Rocky movie. Not much else to say other than peep:

No comments: