Friday, September 28, 2007

Tech Trek 2.0.5

Another song of the day... you may remember it from the scene in the dance club in this Spike Lee movie. You haven't seen it? You might want to get on that.

Today's library exercise is on Flickr, which is a photo sharing site. I've never had a digital camera, so I don't have too much experience with uploading photos. I've been on facebook for a couple of years and SWP has had a MySpace page for a little over a year, but I've only uploaded and tagged a handfull of photos.

I've been a big fan of The Rub DJ Crew for some time, even though I've never been to one of their parties, I check out Ian Meyer's (Drink Moloko) pictures of the weekly parties in Brooklyn. Matter of fact, here is a shot of Rub DJ's Cosmo Baker and Ayers at the yearly McCarren Pool Party:

Once upon a time, when SWP still did shows on the regular, our friend Eric would come out and take pictures. I appreciated that since I spent most of the show staring at my turntables rather than enjoying the crowd. And actually, Eric is a great photographer... you can peep some of his steez here. Anyway, the thing that I dig most about Flickr is that you can add notes to your pictures. That's a serious step above tagging because you can explain what's going on in the shot more in depth than just naming the photo. Anyway, gotta get to work. These posts are getting longer and longer... I'm gonna have to keep my steez in check. Or at least tell a joke or something.

No comments: