Thursday, September 20, 2007

Tech Trek 2.0.4

First off the song of the day is this.

Now on to the library business. In case you're new to the blog, it all started as a library project and became just random musings (like Peggy Hill in the Arlen Bystander.) If you want to follow along with me and the rest of the library staff who are participating, check out this blog. If you've already been peeping, I'm now checking out De.licio.us, which is a pretty convenient way of organizing your bookmarks (sometimes called favorites depending on what web browser you use) by tagging them with labels that you define. This is actually a pretty welcome change from the defined search terms of the library world and it allows me to use my own language to organize. I've been using De.licio.us to catalogue and organize my favorite youtube videos of DJ routines, like this one...

I've also been learning about Technorati. This is a great way to discover new blogs. Apparently, my blog was already listed on this site, which may explain the number of hits I've been getting recently (notice the hit counter on the top right of the page?). At first, I did not want to claim my blog, because I wasn't sure how comfortable I would be with tons of people peeping the steez and possibly fading the purple hue (for those of you who aren't fluent in Tony, that means I'm worried about haters checking out my blog); but I did claim ye old blog through Technorati... I have to admit, I'm usually pretty private about my personal life, so this whole blog deal is a huge change in my steez. Anyway, I'm still learning about both these tools. Both seem very cool for discovering and organizing new interweb findings, but I'm not sure how much I'll be using them in ye old blog.

I did in fact claim my blog with Technorati, which makes the steez more visible to the whole world. Maybe this will be my motivation to post more... who knows.
Technorati Profile
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: