Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Jams

It's been a minute since I posted anything here... I'll chalk it up to a combination of being busy and lazy. I've been getting ready for a show I'm DJing tonight from 7 till 9 at fifty-two.five records. Also, my roommate Matt is moving out tomorrow, so I've been getting the bills switched-over to my name, finding a new rommmate, and trying to show Matt a good time before he leaves. Anyway, for today's Friday Jams, I'm bringing you nothing but the feel-goodest of the the feel-good jawns. To start, here's Green Tea with Wonderful Beats:

You may remember that I previously posted this gem from the Phenomenal Handclap Band before, but I doubt you've seen them perform Baby live:

I've had Baby stuck in my head for a few days (I'm gonna drop it when my set is over tonight to melt face while I break down equipment), but if one song can usurp the king of catchy retro-funk, it's Home Again! by the Menahan Street Band. Here's a great live studio version done for Spinner:

In keeping with the feel-good funky jams performed live, here's Lee Fields' (Daptone Records) cover of Got to Get Through to You:

Finally here's the Bozo Meko edit of Earth, Wind and Fire's Gazillion Rhyme... and now it should be impossible to have a frown on your face... your welcome:

Comedowntokingstreetafterworkandchecktheset.

No comments: