Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday Jams

I'm really looking forward to getting off work and getting my weekend started today. I need to relax a bit and do some practicing on a new mix. Hunter and I are putting together a Bubbleguts Bros. mixtape. We've been bouncing ideas around for a title, but we prolly won't settle on anything until we have the mix done. More news to come on that as it progresses.

Anyway, here's an ill video I found on the lab of a dude named Red doing a crazy Roger Troutman-esque beatbox routine. Check I Should Tell Ya Momma On You:

Red even got his joint flipped by Stones Throw/HVW8's own Dam Funk. Here's Dam Funk dropping his remix Live at the Do Over:

And speaking of the lab, they just restocked the first volume of the Motown Remixed EPs. I've got volume 2, but I've been waiting to cop this gem so I can have Z-Trip's remix of I Want You Back to use as a dancefloor landmine... and the EP even has the ill drumbreak Z-Trip chopped up. Check:

That's a hard jawn to top, so I'll flip it to the mellow tip... here's Mobb Deep with the classic (off The Infamous LP) Up North Trip:

And finally, and in keeping with the boom-bap flavor of that last one, here's KRS-One with The Return of the Boom Bap:

Wannabe[DJs]butreallycouldnttryus.

No comments: