Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Jams (Nas joints you don't know edition)

Today, I'ma bless you with some little known bangers from Nasty Nas (when he was still nasty... before all this bullshit streets disciple/hip-hop is dead/untitled Def Jam cash grab). Check On The Real (from the Illmatic 10th anniversary edition):

I didn't know this till yesterday, but Large Professor did two remixes to It Ain't Hard to Tell for a UK 12" single. The Stink Mix is pretty good, but my nose is crazy open over the Laidback Mix. Peep:


And off Nas' original demo tape, here's Understanding ft. AZ and Biz Markie:


And the now-infamous Main Source track Live at the BBQ from the ultra classic Breaking Atoms LP. This is the first time Nas was ever on wax, and he spits the famous "when I was 12, I went to hell for snuffing Jesus" line that would eventually become the hook for Big L's Devil's Son. Peep, then pick your jaw up:


Here's The Second Coming. This shit bangs like blue steel thang-thangs:

Lastly--and again, off Nas' demo tape--here's I'm a Villain. Peep the ill JBs sample:

Imilkedyourcow... inotherwordsihityourheffer.

No comments: