Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Jams (Super Swagger Edition)

Got the super steez today, mostly cause I got the new dunks on and the teddy bear jacket. Feelin good after getting some good sleep last night. Also feelin good cause this is my last day of work until my night shift on Tuesday. As a result, I'll be mean muggin (haters off the block, I see you, Cam) all day. Jake One and MF DOOM's Trap Door (Jake's White Van Music LP) is some menacing mean mug music. Peep:

Speaking of menacing, here's KRS-One and DJ Revolution's The DJ. Gotta love when KRS lays out the 10 commandments of DJing. He's always respected the DJ as the backbone of hip-hop. Real recognize real. He brings up a good point: if you're gonna use Serato or any other MP3 program, you gotta use it as a tool and not a crutch (Hunter's words) to make your mix better. Personally, it'll always be vinyl for me unless I gotta tour on a plane (never gonna happen). Anyway, peep the song. Kris says it better than I could/want to:

Atmosphere's Crewed Up (Strictly Leakage LP) ft. Stage One, St. Paul Slim, Muja Messiah, YZ, Brother Ali, Toki Wright & Blueprint is one of the only Atmos songs I've dug since the You Can't Imagine LP. I love when Toki says "walk like a pimp, think like a macintosh" so steezy:

And here's the best song I've heard all year: Brother Ali's Mr. President (You're The Man). It hasn't been released on wax or anything yet, so I'm a little sad I can't play it out. Ali supposedly recorded this the night Obama got elected. In fact, if I were Obama, I'd listen to this all day and mean mug haters off Pennsylyania Ave. Peep the illy Marvin Gaye sample:

twoyearsofsayinyeswecanandtodaybarakobamastheman

No comments: