Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday Wake Up Joint

Crazy weekend. Really threw me for a loop. Whenever I feel a little down, I listen to Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. I missed their performance from Austin City Limits on PBS this weekend, but I'll find it somehow on the interweb. If you are also interested in seeing the performance, check this link... it's got info on the band, the set list, and even 2 videos from the episode to peep out.

Hopefully you're feeling as good as me right now, but in case you're not... here's one of my favorite youtube videos. It's sure to get you going on a cold Monday morning. Anyway, here's Sharon Jones singing Amazing Grace followed by her fantastic performance of How Long Do I Have To Wait with the Dap Kings on some French TV show similair to Austin City Limits. Peep out how Homer starts the drum break at 1:27 in... so steezy:

classic...imbetterthaniveeverbeen

No comments: