Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Jams

Whoa... way tired today. But feeling great after having so much fun last night. I got the permanent cheese grill (and the teddy bear jacket) on today. Feeling steezy but in need of a serious nap, plus my neck is killing me. If I had to express my swagger right now, or at least come up with a soundtrack for my bike ride into work, I would play The Death of Chris Palko by Cage. I could listen to that opening break in a constant loop all day. Peep:

Menahan Street Band's Make The Road By Walking (more Daptone love) is so damn steezy. This here is a live version. Hold onto something at around 2 minutes into this video... you may experience what is commonly referred to as "wigflip" or "scrunchface":

My favorite moment of the set last night was when Hunter dropped KRS-One's Step Into a World (Rapture's Delight). I had Ben, Bochet, Mel, and Palmer standing at the front of the stage; and as soon as the bass hit, I started wildin (so did they). Just one of the many highlights from last night. I had a great time. Thanks to everyone who came out and helped make the party a huge success. Peep KRS tho:

imnotsayingimnumberoneuhimsorryilied... imnumberonetwothreefourandfive

No comments: