Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Once Again, It's Been A While

I still haven't been able to keep up with the blog as much as I would like. I've been crazy busy lately between moving into my new place, practicing on the turntables so Hunter and I can start getting spots to spin around town, and playing a lot of Rock Band.

This past weekend, Will came into town; and so did Emily, Maggie, Meredith, Lynsey, and Alana. I spent Friday with Will, Alex, LP, Brian, Panda, Leah, and Betras. We chilled at LP's and then went to Juanita's. I walked Linzy home and watched some of Boondock Saints, then went home to bed. On Saturday, I chilled with Ben, Will, Charley, Bochet, Diddy (briefly), Maggie, Meredith, Emily, Lynsey, Crosswell, Bonam, JP, and Alana at Ben's. Then over to Bonam and JP's for a great dinner, and back to Juanita's with that crew in the evening. Long walk home from Ben's at 4:30 in the morning. On Sunday, I slept until 4 and went to meet up with a homie in West Ashley, then over to Palmer's for Rock Band with Andy and Linzy.

Seriously, lots of Rock Band lately. Mostly, I've been watching this youtube video of the bass part from Muse's Hystweria on Expert. Trying to learn it with muscle memory first before I try it in front of the "bandmates". The politics of Rock Band are hilarious. Who plays what instrument at what level seems to be a much bigger topic than it should be. Anyway, peep the Muse chart and try to play along (lots of hammer-ons):

Do It Big... hopefully I'll write a new post before next week, but no promises.

No comments: