Friday, February 15, 2008

Things Are Looking Up

I got my power adaptor in the mail last night, and everything seems to be working just fine. Along with the adaptor came a shipment of new records. I'm moving in a more upbeat direction (more disco and new school funk ala Cymande and Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings). My favorite record in the new shipment is a James Brown beat collage called Stealin' James. It's super illy. I stayed in last night to practice and get a feel for the new records and how I want to use them. Not exactly your normal idea of Valentine's day, but everyone who knows me knows that I love my records and turntables more than pretty much anything else. So I guess I spent the holiday the way it was meant to be celebrated. Have a great weekend. I'll be practicing and trying to save money.

No comments: