Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm All About THE WIRE Right Now

Big ups to Mel for putting me on to my favorite show (and current obsession) right now, The Wire. Seriously tho, it's the best thing on TV. There's lots of interesting characters (almost all are dynamic with a couple of static characters sprinkled in) as well as a full representation of the population of Baltimore.

My favorite character is Omar Little (pictured above with fan art). He's the hardest stick-up kid around B-More and tends to use a sawed-off double-barrel shotgun more than any other weapon. Other than being an all-around bad mug, Omar also refuses to curse, and is full on homosexual. His signature catchphrase ("indeed") is always delivered in a way that cracks me up.

Other than Omar, I'm a big fan of Stringer Bell. I'm only halfway through Season 2, but I have a feeling that either Stringer will kill Omar, or Omar will kill Stringer. Their story lines seem to be heading towards a conflict between the two baddest dudes in Charm City. String is Avon's right-hand man. He handles the everyday business of having the dope game on lock in Baltimore's west side projects. You got to respect String, but all respect to Omar for getting at him and Avon's operation numerous times.
If you aren't/haven't yet, peep The Wire. We got the DVD's at the library, so stop frontin.

No comments: