Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tech Trek 2.0.2

The latest library Tech Trek 2.0 activity involved instant messaging. I hadn't used and IM services in over 2 years, but I signed on to AOL Instant Messenger for a minute while at home on my Mac. I said hi to a few friends and left a few messages for friends with away messages up. I also signed on to iChat after I imported my AOL buddy list to try to do some video conferencing, but none of my friends with Macs were available. I don't really get down with IMing because it's hard to carry on a cohesive conversation, but I think it could be a useful tool for library patrons to get in contact with librarians without sitting on hold while we check on items. More on Tech Trek 2.0 to come, but for now... here's a nice video I found of J. Rocc from the Beat Junkies doing a trick mix demo.

No comments: