Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Jams

This week has been all about the laziness. I've been listening to a lot of records lately, tho. Hunter and I are getting are sets ready for Kulture Klash 5 (Nov. 6th and 7th), and you should definitely mark those dates in your calender. We're working on a whole grip of surprises for that show. This show will be unlike any other Bubbleguts show, and we're looking forward to flipping the script for our fans and showing a whole new audience what we do.

Anyway, People Under the Stairs have a new album coming out on Tuesday, and I already have doubles of the advance single; Trippin at the Disco:

Lemme just say right off... that song is my fuckin jam. The snippets from the album that I've heard got my nose open like Woody Allen sneezing on the blow in Annie Hall.

The B-side of the TATD 12" has a DJ Day remix that is even better than Thes One's OG (no youtube post yet). If you don't know about Day, that's one of my heroes on turntables. Kid is stupid creative and inventive with his mixes and blends. Here's one of his first releases; Four Hills:

One of my favorite DJ Day jawns (and although this is a repost, I don't care) is his remix of Nas' It Ain't Hard to Tell. Just listen to it, it doesn't need any hype:

To close things out, here's DJ Day live at Morefire Mondays in Cali:

MOREFIRE MONDAY W/ DJ DAY from EK5OBITION BRAND on Vimeo.

Gobackandlistentothesonesverseabouthipstersontrippinatthedisco.

No comments: