Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Return of the Steez

I just ordered a new turntable online, which means in a couple of weeks I'll be back on my game DJing parties and hopefully bars. I've spoken with the owner of 16 Market, and pretty soon I should start spinning there on Thursday nights. I'll be accompanied by 1/2 price (or BOGO if you smell me) martinis and this guy behind the bar. I'm hoping to develop it into a residency (like every week) and maybe even make some money--or at least get free drinks.

I'd also like to start spinning at The Black Cart, which is above Joe Pasta on upper King, because they have DJ's there on the weekends. Most of the DJ's I've seen/heard in Charleston use MP3 to vinyl conversion hard/software --such as Serato--but that's not my steez. I only fox with vinyl. Plus, I got more skill than most of those fakers anyway.

So, stay on the lookout. If you get a text from me asking you to come to a bar I am playing at, try and come. I'll do my best to keep you dancing until last call.

No comments: