Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Wake-Up Jawn

Today's jawn has a little bit of a story behind it. One of my top 3 De La Soul songs of all time has always been Ring Ring Ring (Ha Ha Hey), but laying hands on the original mix of the song has been most difficult despite years of record collecting. You see, there have been so many De La releases that include a version of Ring Ring Ring... from comps, to 12" singles, 7" singles, CD singles, the shitty one LP pressing of De La Soul is Dead, and many others. As always, the only way to get the good version of Ring Ring Ring (without the saxophone) on wax that you could actually play out at a show was to find the elusive promo (AND 2LP VERSION THAT INCLUDES ALL THE SONGS) copy of De La Soul is Dead.

Well with my payment from Kulture Klash, I bought some new records, and I now got my own copy of the promo De La is Dead 2LP, so I can play the original version of Ring Ring Ring:

Hopethatwasnttoohardtofollow... thatssomerecordnerdshit.

No comments: