Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Jams (Sorry it's Been So Long Edition)

First off, here's the Dust Brothers Remix of Money Mark's Cry:
Lots to catch up on... since I last posted, I went to Philly for my sister's birthday. I flew out Friday morning, went to a karaoke bar Friday night, had a party for Marissa at her place on Saturday night, went to my aunt's for Easter dinner, and flew home late Sunday night.

Here's Dyke and the Blazers with Let A Woman be a Woman and Let A Man be a Man. Be sure to check for James Gadson's illy drum break at 1:40. One of the best fifteen seconds of music ever. Peep:
When I got back in town, I caught up with Hunter (if you missed him spinning at Suite Sole, apparently you fucked up), and went in to Suite Sole to catch up with Gus after picking up some of my equipment from Hunter's house. Gus ended up asking me to play a set at Kulture Klash IV, so of course I accepted. I've been keeping it on the low that I'm playing from 9:30 till 10:30, but since only people I know read this... I'm putting it out there. Also, you should prolly come to check The Spaced Invaders. You already know how The Bubbleguts Bros. put on for them.

Here's The Detroit Sex Machines with The Funky Crawl. I don't really have to say anything about this one. Peep:
Speaking of The Spaced Invaders, Sonar was nice enough to post Hunter's new Pre-Emptive Spring BBQ Blend for those of you that haven't gotten hard copies yet. Check here for artwork, a blurb review by Sonar, and to stream/download the mix.

goodthingihadthisweekoff... itsbeencrazy.

No comments: